Canadian Aquaculture Suppliers Association
- A federally registered non-profit, the Canadian Aquaculture Suppliers Association encourages the growth of Canada’s aquacultural sector, advances the role suppliers play in the industry and advocates to protect the thousands of jobs aquaculture provides to Canadian families.
- The Canadian Aquaculture Suppliers Association is building an alliance of businesses and enterprises, located throughout the country, and will support allies – such as producers, First Nations, farmers, researchers and scientists – in growing the industry and informing Canadians about the economic and environmental benefits from responsible and scientifically-backed aquaculture.
Why Support Us and Aquaculture:
- Canadian farmed seafood provides tens-of-thousands of direct and indirect jobs for Canadians; economic and investment opportunities for businesses, remote coastal and First Nations communities; and delivers tens-of-million of tax dollars to all levels of government.
- Canada’s aquaculture industry helps the country achieve food security, reduces transportation costs by easing reliance on global shipping networks, and provides Canadians with reliable access to local, fresh and healthy seafood – helping them save money in a time record inflation.
- Aquaculture lessens the pressure on many overharvested and threatened wild stocks and helps the Canadian government meet its commitment to “ensuring Canada is positioned to succeed in the fast-growing global ocean sectors of the blue economy and advancing reconciliation, conservation and climate objectives.”
How to Support and Help Us:
- Follow us and amplify our voice on social media:
- Contact your local federal and provincial politicians and let them know you support aquaculture and:
- The tens-of-thousands of jobs the industry provides to Canadians;
- The opportunities it presents to businesses, First Nations and coastal communities;
- The fresh, healthy and local food it supplies to consumers and restaurants; and,
The environmental benefits aquaculture provides in the fight against climate change and in in relieving pressure on wild fish stocks.