Contact you local Member of Parliament, Provincial Senator and:
- Ask them if they will fight for local jobs and small businesses;
- Ask them if they will support First Nations and allow them to prosper from sustainable farmed salmon;
- Ask them to speak to Prime Minister Justin Trudeau and Fisheries and Oceans Minister Joyce Murray to confirm that they will protect jobs, small businesses, the salmon farming industry and opportunities for Canada’s Indigenous Peoples; and
- Ask them to promote salmon farming and the aquaculture industry as part of the blue economy strategy
Contact your local Mayor and Municipal Council and:
- Ask them if they will fight for local jobs and small businesses; and
- Ask them to speak to their local Member of Parliament to confirm that they will protect local jobs, small businesses, the salmon farming industry and opportunities for Canada’s Indigenous Peoples.
Write to your local newspaper. Call your local radio station. Inform your friends, colleagues and business contacts. Help spread the work.
Are you a company that supplies or provides services to those in the aquaculture sector? If you do, please think about joining the Canada Aquaculture Suppliers Association. For more information, contact us at: